It’s been another three months in the so-called “new normality”. At Codete, we’re lucky to be getting back on track after the lockdown. Keeping our distance, we continue to develop amazing projects with our clients and partners.
Here’s a handful of news from the past quarter at our company.
Q2 2020 at Codete in numbers:
✔ 6 new clients
✔ 6 existing projects expanded
✔ 1st Codete webinar (more followed!)
✔ 3 guest interviews
✔ 7 new employees
✔ 2 Codete All-Hands Meetings
✔ 2 CSR initiatives
New clients and projects
As a result of the pandemic, a couple of our projects have come to an end or were temporarily scaled down, but we kept on working hard on finding new opportunities. At this moment, we’re proud to announce that we have gained 6 new clients, and 6 of our existing projects were scaled up — which leaves us in a good, safe place.
We’re excited to have embarked on new journeys in the areas in healthtech and digital media and entertainment, among others. You can already read about one of our projects in progress in our Medtransfer case study.
Webinars and guest interviews
On April 8th, we hosted our first webinar. It was a great experience, and since then, we’ve organized and gave speeches at a couple of other online events. And there’s no sign of us stopping!
We organize two types of webinars:
- Codete Speech & Teach, which are an online alternative to our Codete meetups, and consist of casual and interactive talks by IT professionals,
- Codete Web Talks — Masterclass, which are 40-minutes long presentations followed by Q&A sessions with university professors and experienced practitioners (organized in collaboration with our partners).
We’re always happy to share our knowledge!
In the past three months, some Codete experts had the chance to give a few interviews:
- Karol Przystalski for AI News, Beware the AI winter — but can Covid-19 alter this process?
- Artur Olechowski for KODAKOne, How can technology support the world in the fight against COVID19?
- Paweł Dyrek for inhire.io, Dziesięć lat pracy, niezliczone możliwości rozwoju [Polish only]
As the specialist on Codete’s side, Paweł is also preparing a series of articles on enterprise blockchain with Fluree, a blockchain-backed data management platform based in the USA. So far, three of the articles have been published:
- Enterprise Blockchain in 2020: Top 6 Challenges
- Enterprise Blockchain in 2020: Challenge 1 – Data Availability
- Enterprise Blockchain in 2020: Challenge 2 – Lack of Secure Interoperability
There’s more to come!
Remote work and recruitment
Our offices have already re-opened, and we’re maintaining all the sanitary precautions, but those of us who still don’t feel safe to come to work can freely stay at their homes and continue remote work. We’ve been working remotely at Codete even before the pandemic, but never to such extent.
Big thanks to our team for handling the new situation so well!
Here’s a sneak peek at our Home Office photo competition. Photos courtesy of their authors:
We’re very fortunate at Codete that despite the pandemic, we’ve managed to keep our team on board. Even though a few people have left the company during the past quarter, an equal number of new colleagues have joined our crew.
In June, our Talent and Recruitment Lead, Ania Zgrzebnicka-Lechowicz, shared her insight as an expert during Talentuno’s webinar about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on IT recruitment. Besides that, our job postings have been set as an example in a good practices-centered blog post by one of Polish IT job boards, inhire.io:
- 10 przykazań tworzenia skutecznych ogłoszeń o pracę w IT. Czyli jak Cię widzą tak aplikują. [Polish only]
Kudos to our recruitment team!
And if you or one of your friends are interested in new job opportunities, we’re currently looking for:
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (17 000 – 21 000 PLN)
- Senior Front-End Developer (17 000 – 21 000 PLN)
- Senior Back-End Engineer (20 000 – 24 000 PLN)
- Senior Mobile / React Native Developer (17 000 – 21 000 PLN)
- QA Automation Engineer (10 000 – 13 000 PLN)
If none of the above matches your skillset, feel free to contact us anyway — we’ll stay in touch and let you know when something comes up.
Employer branding and CSR
Transparency is one of Codete’s key values, and it was especially important to maintain it during the difficult time of the pandemic — both in relation to our clients, as well as in relation to Codete employees. We’ve stayed in touch with our partners, and to keep the crew informed, our board of directors held two Codete All-Hands Meetings online.
Codete’s team has joined the fight against COVID-19, too.
We’ve supported Polish health workers with over 100 medical face shields 3D-printed by one of our software engineers from Lublin, Arek Krakiewicz, who came up with the whole idea. We have collected over 2.600,00 PLN to make it possible. You can read more about the initiative and have a look at some photos on its Zrzutka.pl page.
We also took part in the #hot16challenge, twice! Take a look at our talented colleagues:
And last but not least, here are a few handpicked articles that appeared on our blog in the second quarter of 2020: