Choosing an IT outsourcing services provider is a serious decision because it can significantly impact your business – for better or for worse if you end up making a bad move.
So how to avoid this kind of mistake?
You may want to focus on companies from a country that is known for its excellent outsourcing services, that is considered a perfect place to make business, and whose developers are known to be one of the best in the world. Which country is it? Poland – one of the top software development outsourcing destinations.
What exactly makes Poland so popular and worldwide-appreciated as an IT outsourcing location? We prepared a list of the top 10 reasons to choose outsourcing in Poland, so keep on reading!
Table of contents:
- IT outsourcing: an introduction
- Nearshoring and offshoring: what is the difference?
- TOP 10 Reasons to choose IT outsourcing in Poland
- Codete: IT Outsourcing company in Poland
IT outsourcing: an introduction
First, we should explain exactly what outsourcing is.
In a nutshell, software development outsourcing consists of contracting the services of a third-party company to realize specified works. It’s worth mentioning that software development is among the most commonly outsourced services.
Why do companies choose to outsource software development abroad? It can be for a variety of reasons:
- scarce IT talent pool in their country,
- lack of required skills inside the company,
- high cost of employing, training, and retaining in-house teams of software developers,
- high cost of contracting a local software development company,
- a temporary need to support their developers’ work with body leasing,
- software developers are needed just for a single project,
- the company’s core business is not IT, so it’s not reasonable to form an in-house software development team.
In simple terms, the main reasons for outsourcing software development to other countries are the reduction of cost and the need for specific IT skills that the company lacks.
Nearshoring and offshoring: what is the difference?
These two terms often get confused, so it’s worth taking a moment to explain the difference.
Nearshoring and offshoring are two models of outsourcing.
- Nearshoring means contracting the services of a company from a nearby country. It can be located in a neighboring country or the same region, for instance, in case of Western European countries a common nearshoring destination is Poland, mainly because of the high level of professionalism and seamless communication (no time zone difference, no long distances, etc.).
- When it comes to offshoring, the services are contracted in a distant country in a different continent, mainly because of the lower cost. A common offshoring destination are Asian countries, but Poland can be a great option too, for example for companies in the US.
Why do companies choose IT outsourcing?
Outsourcing software development to foreign countries lets companies save a significant amount of money that therefore can be allocated to other purposes, such as research of new sources of revenue and development of new products. It’s also a good choice when software development is not the company’s core business and creating an in-house team of developers is not an option.
TOP 10 Reasons to choose IT outsourcing in Poland
As we have written before, the key to successful outsourcing is the first phase of choosing the right provider. An IT outsourcing company must become a reliable business partner, delivering outstanding software that will allow your company to excel.
So what is the recipe for finding the right match? During the last years, software development providers from Poland have proven to be one of the best in the world. Why exactly? Well, without much ado, let’s jump into the list of reasons why IT outsourcing to Poland is the best idea possible!
1. Highly ranked outsourcing destination
Poland regularly appears in global reports as one of the best destinations to outsource, and the industry insights confirm its potential. The numbers speak for themselves:
- the best outsourcing destination in Europe according to A.T. Kearney Global Services Location Index
- the second most attractive outsourcing country according to KPMG
- according to Statista, in 2021 the turnover in the IT-outsourcing services market in Poland is projected to reach a staggering 2,311.7 million dollars
- the outsourcing sector in Poland in the last decade grew three times faster than in India (source: McKinsey)
2. Extensive pool of one of the best developers in the world
Software developers from Poland are among the best in the world. To be precise, they rank 3rd in the HackerRank competition (the so-called ‘Programming Olympics’). Every year, more and more young and talented developers graduate and find employment in software outsourcing companies in Poland. According to McKinsey, there are now 160,000 people employed in outsourcing centres, a number than can expand to even 600,000 jobs until 2025.
3. Strong work ethics
Poles are known to be hardworking, persevering, committed to their work and to have an entrepreneurial spirit that pushes them to look for a solution even in the toughest situations. A strong sense of ownership lets them deliver truly outstanding services that exceed expectations.
4. High level of education
It is estimated that in Poland 40,000 ICT students graduate every year, which means that plenty of talent join the IT sector annually. STEM education in Poland is widely believed to be at a very high level. Moreover, young Poles are definitely not monolingual and proficiency in English is common: Poland ranks 13th among 88 countries in the global EF English Proficiency Index. The graduates quite frequently speak other European languages like German, French or Spanish.
5. Constant growth and a stable economy
When doing business in a different country, even if you are not investing, but only contracting services, you should still take into account the economy of the country. And in the case of Poland, there is nothing to be worried about. The country is maintaining stable growth and seems to be not affected by economic crises.
6. Data protection law compliance
As part of the European Union, Polish software houses are up to date with the strict requirements regarding data privacy and personal data processing. Maneuvering within the labyrinth of laws, regulations, and legislations is not a problem for Polish developers.
7. Best value for money
Contracting a top-performing Polish outsourcing company can result surprisingly cost-efficient in comparison with Western IT companies. The lower costs don’t affect the quality of the service, though. Outsourcing software development to Poland is the guarantee of receiving a top-notch code within your budget.
8. Location and time zone
Urgent conference calls during the day? Frequent meetings with the client on-site? Companies from European or Middle East countries will have zero problems with that if they choose Polish outsourcing vendor. This means easy and flexible cooperation that is almost out of reach to Chinese or Indian outsourcing companies, for instance.
9. No cultural gap
Being part of the European culture, Polish people can get along very well with other Western nationalities, as they share the same values, cultural references, etc. Although it may seem little relevant, in fact, it’s necessary to establish fruitful cooperation and lasting relations.
10. Tech-savvy and innovative
Poland is home for the ever-rising number of innovative tech startups that are growing at an impressive rate and successfully compete on the demanding US and Western European markets. Some of the smartest modern-day solutions were invented here, and surely there will be more.
Codete: IT Outsourcing company in Poland
If you’re looking for a reliable partner, we encourage you to take a look at our services. We are a Polish IT outsourcing company with years of experience and numerous successful projects carried out for leading global brands. Recently, we’ve made it to the list of top Eastern European software development companies of 2020 by DesignRush.
Codete supports international clients with software development outsourcing services, delivering software that requires the use of cutting-edge technologies: Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Data Science, and innovative methodologies like DevOps or Agile. We specialize in numerous business verticals, such as Fintech, Healthtech, E-commerce, Automotive and many more.
Learn what our experts and teams of developers can do for you – get in touch with us!